Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Have you thought about your grave??

Is it just me or does the event promoted at the one of the local senior centers here in town seem a little bit sick? See photo. I mean, I am sure they are all aware that they are closer to the grave than their teenage years but to rub it in like this by holding a talk on graves????


Does the beginning of the presentation go something like this?:

"Good afternoon and welcome, I know you are all thinking about your impending inevitable life event, but have you been wondering about how you can leave your mark on this mortal earth after you're gone?. Well wonder no longer......today we are going to review some of the famous and unusual graves from around the world to give you some inspiration so that you can make you own intentions clear to your loved ones! In addition our very own memorial co-ordinator will be in available after this event to help you look at your options and assist you in the final (sorry, poor choice of word) decision making process (for a small fee of course)."

Anyway after passing this sign for few days I had to get a
photo of it. This then prompted the conversation between Genevieve and I about graves. We said that if we were to be buried maybe we should get matching headstones ....... however, my suggestion of the gravestones being both the same as below was not thought to be a winner....... I don't know
why........Hmmmm?

3 comments:

Heather Jewell said...

This is hilarious! I am so glad that you got a picture of this, because I would have not believed it otherwise. Kenny, I think that Genevieve needs to be less selfish and let you have your dying wish. I happen to like your idea.

Team Aries said...

That is funny. My favorite sign was "Coming soon. Baskin Robbins / Curves." Now those are two stores that just go hand in hand. I wish a had a picture of that one, could have sent it to Jay Leno.

Daniel said...

lol