Saturday, November 17, 2007

A busy week.....as usual.

Well another week (or so) goes by in Black household and it has been a busy one as usual. Both Genevieve and I have had a hectic week at work but at least it always comes to an end. Good news is that Genevieve now has a full week off work for Thanksgiving and it is also my long week end off so I don't return to work till Thursday (Thanksgiving Day). Woo hoo! :-) So we get to spend some well earned time off together this week.

As for Mackenzie and Cameron, both are doing well. Mackenzie just seems to be running about, talking and generally getting into everything more and more each day....but she is so cute how can you get upset. As for Cameron, he is doing well at school and got another 100% in his weekly spelling test (obviously getting his brains from his parents....I'll let you the reader decide which one!). Cameron helped to make a pizza for dinner the other night from scratch and it was delicious (no doubt who he gets the cooking skills from....I'll give you a hint......it is not me!)

This week's big event for me was Horrorfest 2007.....(scary movie festival check out this link for details of the movies). Each year movie company "After Dark" releases 8 horror movies that did not get widespread releases for a 10 day period only. There was a good mix of movies last year and the line up this year looked good too. Last year I went to see a couple of the movies and thoroughly enjoyed them. This year I have managed to squeeze in 3 films so far this week (and may try and go to another tonight). So far I managed to see Tooth and Nail, The Deaths of Ian Stone and Borderland. Will see if I can get along to see Mulberry Street tonight.........but only if my lack of sleep this week does not catch up on me today. Since these movies are shown at a regular multiplex cinema, they are showing a lot of them at unusual times and I have been home long after midnight on a couple occasion this week trying to see the one I want, so sleep has been at a minimum for me this week due to this, but obviously I deserve no sympathy becasue it all self induced

Last night Genevieve had a load of girls over to the house for a Pampered Chef party in the house. (NB: For those more ignorant of what this is, or more commonly known
as "men", Pampered Chef is a line of fancy cooking accessories and
paraphenalia which is sold only thru party plan type sales. Check out this
link
for more details
). She made some nice food for everyone who came, including a Crab Rangoon dip which was delicious (this was of course according to others, since I did not try it as I am not a seafood lover). From what I heard it seemed to go well and all in all it was a fun evening. I must also admit it was nice for me to come home after a long day at work and "help" clear the other leftover food (using my over active appetite of course LOL!) which was also very tasty and included a fantastic pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting that tasted even better than it looked......and that is saying something cos it looked awesome!

Well that is about it. Just looking forward to a nice (and hopefully more relaxing) week ahead. Tomorrow we are having the family over for dinner at our house, since it is Jane's (Genevieve's mum) birthday week and we want her to have e nice break from Sunday cooking and enjoy her birthday celebration. I am going to see a band on Monday night called "Suicidal Tendencies" (check out the link). (they are a skate punk band who were big in the 80's and 90's when I was a proper skateboarder) Hopefully they will be up to par and not some old crusties just trotting out some old songs just for the money....but we will see. Obviously on Thursday it is Thanksgiving, and we are all looking forward to a delicious Thanksgiving meal over at the Jewell's residence and eventhough I am working that day, I will be making sure I get over there on my break to get a nice turkey dinner too.(Mmmmmm!)
K

2 comments:

Heather Jewell said...

Wow! You guys sure are busy! Sounds like so much fun. Especially your birthday weekend, I was drooling just reading about it. You sure know how to celebrate in style!

blak said...

Suicidal Tendencies....you must be 'Possessed to Skate!'